Friday, September 24, 2010

Post Numero Uno

Hi guys!  Rae here.  TADA!!  Our new blog!  

We realize many of our friends and family members have really been pushing for us to get a Facebook.  We've searched our souls about it, really.  We would.... but we don't want to.  Sorry everyone.   
NOTE:  To properly convey how we feel about Facebook, please refer to this blog, ingeniously written and illustrated by one of my favorite bloggers, The Oatmeal.
*PSSTTT!  See those words up there?  The ones that say "this blog"?  That's a link!  And you should click through! Or else a kitten will lose all its fur.

Having resisted the techno-insurgence for quite some time, I was surprised that Code suggested blogging in the first place.  I thought Blogging?  Really?  Isn't that the epitome of self-absorption?  And then I thought No wait- Twitter is the epitome of self-absorption. And then I thought Eff Twitter.  And then I thought Do people even read blogs?  And then I thought  Wait- I read blogs all day long at work!  And then I thought Yay!  Blogging!  

We had a conversation about starting a blog that went something like this:

Code:   [insert emphatic "hand-talker" gestures] "Babe!  I have an idea!?!  What if we started a blog where we could write about all the gnarly stuff we've been doing and people could read it?!?"

Me:  "You're going to blog?"

Code:  "Well, no.  YOU'RE going to blog. You're the one who's super creative and artistic and a good writer and stuff.  Plus, I don't want to do work."

Me:  "So I'd be doing all the work?"

Code:  "Well yes! I'll be assuming a supervisory role."

Me:  [insert look of skepticism]

Code:  "That way,  people can quit bugging us about Facebook!  Blogging is sort of 'social network-y', right?  People can just go to our blog and see what we're doing!"

Me:  "Why would we want people to know what we're doing?"

Code:  [insert look of skepticism]

Me:  "Okay, I'll do it, but only because I am the supreme ruler of awesomeness and I always have a butt-ton of brilliant ideas."

Code:  "Also, you're pretty much the funniest, smartest, most incredible, hottest woman alive.  Also, I think its sexy how you snore.  And I love it when you fall asleep during my geeky Stephen Hawking shows."

*NOTE:  That last part of the conversation could not possibly have been embellished by me even the tiniest bit.

And so, we present to you our blog.  We finally have it up and running.  Well, I do.  But Cody helped-  He picked the background color.  Sort of.....Actually, it went like this:
Me:  "Hey, Code- what should our background look like?"
[cricket, cricket]
Me:  "Hey, Code?"
[looks up from Harry Potter book]
Me:  "What should our blog background theme be?"
Code:  "I dunno....blue?"
[returns to Harry Potter book]

But seriously, I don't mind doing all the blogging.  It's something to distract me from loathing my job.  Which has been taking up a pretty substantial amount of my time lately.

So.....yeah.  Follow our blog, m'kay?  It's a work in progress. Which is probably fine, since I haven't actually told anyone about it yet.  But when I do, I'm pretty sure we're going to have 1.4 billion followers.  And half of them will be my mom. 

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: As you can see, Cody's submitted suggestion of "blue" as the background for the blog was carefully considered and denied. But it has blue in it, so he can just be happy about that.

    ReplyDelete