Friday, January 7, 2011

Actual Conversations

Welcome to another edition of "Actual Conversations with Rae and Cody".  Here is another actual instant message conversation between the two of us.  
I have other blog material coming, I promise.  I know its been awhile.   But I'm working on some sweet cartoons, which take a long time.  Don't worry about the wait.  It will be *SO* WORTH IT.  Or else it won't and then that's just too damn bad.

--------------------------------------------
Rae Says:
Can't concentrate at ALL this morning.  I have severe A.D.D. 
My brain is fried from this week.
I want to get off work early and go see Black Swan.  It looks amazing.

Cody says:
I want to read the book first

Rae says:
 It's a BOOK!?!?!
 I didn't know it was a book!!
 Wait.....YOU want to read the book??

Cody says:
Well... I don't know if the movie is about the book... 
They might be two totally different things...
What's the movie about?

Rae says:
 It's a psychological thriller
 It's about a ballet dancer, but I think she goes insane or something
 It looks really creepy

Cody says:
Oh... OK.... it's not the book then

Rae says:
Oh good.  Cause I don't want to have to read it before I go see the movie
 It looks incredible and I'm too impatient to wait

Cody says:
I didn't know there was a movie called Black Swan

Rae says:
It has Natalie Portman in it
She trained for over a year to dance advanced ballet for it
She plays a ballet dancer
And then she goes nuts

Cody says:
Oh nice
The book "The Black Swan" is a book about financial blowups and why they're unpredictable

Rae says:
That is not it

Cody says:
Obviously

Rae says:
I do not want to see a movie about financial blowups
I know all about them already
Who would make that financial book into a movie?  No one.

Cody says:
I do not want to see a movie about ballet

Rae says:
It's not really about ballet I don't think
It's about going insane

Cody says:
Oh... well you know all about going insane... so you'll probably love it.

Rae says:

 

Rae says:
Or maybe it IS about ballet, but also mostly about going insane
It could have been about a go-kart driver going insane
Or a garbage man.....
A garbage man who doesn't take your broken chair or broken mirror and leaves them on the sidewalk instead

Cody says:
When did that happen?

Rae says:
 Yesterday when they picked the trash up.
 Or rather DIDN'T pick the trash up
 It's like, why have garbage men if they're going to discriminate against certain kinds of garbage?

Cody says:
Well, did you have the chair and mirror IN the garbage can?
 If you don't, they won't take it

Rae says:
Uh....no. 
You try putting that chair in that trash can

Cody says:
We'd have to destroy the chair first

Rae says:
That's like putting a house INSIDE a garage
The chair is already destroyed
I sat on it and it broke

Cody says:
If it doesn't fit in the garbage can, they won't take it
That's the rule

Rae says:
That's dumb
They're dumb

Cody says:
 That's been the rule from the beginning of using those grey bins

Rae says:
They only have one job- get rid of trash. 
That's their only function.

Cody says:
I think maybe if we put some kinda sticker on them it will work

Rae says:
It's like how if you're Kyle Brotzman and you're the field goal kicker
You only have one function- kicking field goals

Cody says:
But I don't remember what kind of sticker you need

Rae says:
If you fuck up your one function, you fail
Garbage man fail
[Sigh]  They're those orange overflow stickers, remember?

Cody says:
 Here's what we do: we just rip the chair apart and put it in the bin

Rae says:
You were going to throw the overflow stickers away
But I said we might need them
You said we won't need them and I said I'm keeping them anyways
Because we might need to throw away something weird
Like a broken chair
But then I forgot about them until just now.

Cody says:
Sounds good, peter

Rae says:
So I have the stickers, but I didn't know I had to put one on a broken chair
Clearly if its a broken chair its garbage

Cody says:
Yeah, but the rules are the rules
They love rules
Everybody does

Rae says:
OK, Walter
I guess this is not 'Nam this is garbage- there are rules
----------------------------------------------------------
I hate the stupid garbage rules.  I'm gonna start treating it like those flat rate shipping boxes.  "If it fits, it ships, regardless of weight".  I'm gonna have a car crushed and compacted into little pieces and then I'm gonna put the whole car in the bin and then they have to dump it because if it fits, they have to.  I'm gonna fill the entire thing up to the brim with mud or rocks and then they'll have to dump it......Even better, I'm gonna fill an additional trash can with mud and rocks and put the overflow sticker on it and then they'll have to pick it up and physically dump it themselves because their stupid bin-lifting machine won't pick up non-regulation bins.  Ha HA!  I win, trash men.  I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment