Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Party of Two is NOT Going to Hawaii *UPDATED!!

*This blog has been updated.  I hope everyone (read: Erin) is happy with it now*


A few weeks ago, I posted a blog about how Cody and I decided to go to Bora Bora for Christmas next year.  I made pictures to go with it.  




Yesterday, Cody informed me that my map showing Bora Bora was *actually* incorrect.  The little finger was *actually*, he said, pointing at Hawaii.  He made sure to point out my error in the comments section.





Geography has never been my strong point.  As far as I'm concerned, this is an updated version of what a map of the world looks like:
 *I only know where Bora Bora is because of Cody.  Thanks, Cody!
*After reviewing my reader comments, I have updated this map to include several other points of interest.

Being a semi-intelligent being, I wanted to rectify my error, so I asked Cody to point out where Bora Bora *actually* is on a map and he did.  Apparently I was looking at a used Taco Time napkin instead of an Atlas, so you can see how I would have gotten confused.



I would like to apologize for my egregious geographical oversight and assure you that I will not be making any further geographical errors in blog posts because from now on, I will have Cody proofread them first to ensure accuracy.  Meantime, I'll be sure to brush up on my world maps so that I don't get kicked off of our Applebee's trivia night team.  Here is a corrected version of the picture, which I have also replaced in the original post to hide my ignorance correct my mistake.



5 comments:

  1. Loved the Magellan comment and pic. Made me roll. ~Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe The Place That Erin Lives didn't even make it on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geography is getting better every day! We're totally gonna dominate Applebee's trivia night this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, alright. The place that Erin lives is on the map now. So is that place Heather is going to direct traffic. No, wait....give away free sex. No, wait...... Free sex slaves from human trafficking. Does trafficking have a "k" in it? Only in Cameroon. I mean, Cambodia. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! I think I can see my house from here!!! - Erin

    ReplyDelete