Thursday, November 18, 2010

Actual Conversations

Actual conversation during dinner at The Tavern with my mother-

Mom:  "We've been studying the different generations and how to solve conflict between them.  You know, like 'Baby Boomers', 'Generation X'......"

Me:  "What generation am I, then?"

Mom:  "Well, you'd be a 'Millennial' and Cody and I are from 'Generation X'."

Me:  "Don't point out that he and I are in different generations, ma.  He does that all the time on his own."

Cody:  "I'm actually probably right on the cusp between generations.  I've also been told I could be considered 'Generation Y' too."

Me:  "You're 'Generation WTF'."

Cody:  "You're 'Generation STFU'."

---------------------------------------------------------------
Actual conversation overheard between my dad and my uncle at a tailgate party:

Jeff:  "Hey, by the way, I still need to give you back your chestnut roaster."

Todd:  "Oh yeah!  You know what I wanna try sometime?  Using one of those old popcorn poppers.  You know, like the one we used to pretend was a banjo?"

No comments:

Post a Comment