Saturday, November 13, 2010

Project!!

Guess what I'm doing this weekend?!?!  I'll give you a hint:

After almost two years of talking about it, Cody finally agreed to let me paint the wall in the dining room!!  Yay!! 
I would say "we" are going to paint it, but Cody would "rather sit on his ass" (yes, he said that).  Apparently he and his dad think that painting is something you're supposed to pay other people to do.  But I LOVE painting, so I'm super excited.  Plus, after watching 7 college football games today (not kidding- 7), I was ready to jump out of my skin.  I had to do something, so Cody agreed to take me to Lowe's to get the supplies, which he claims is the hardest part of a painting project.  I guess if that's the only part of the project you actually DO, it is the hardest part.  But I can't knock him too much, cause he shelled out the $70 for the supplies.
So anyways, I'm going to spend tomorrow painting the wall.  Here's the before picture. 


Tonight I cleaned the wall, taped everything off, and "sealed the edges".  Since his wall has rounded corners, we wanted the line between rooms to be really neat and straight.  So I taped the lines and then used the same color of paint that's already on the wall to paint along the inside edge of the tape line.  In theory, this will seal off the edge of the tape so that the new color doesn't leak underneath and make the edges uneven.  Big thanks to Uncle Jeff for the tip!  I hope our edges look as nice as his.  More to follow!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment