Monday, November 8, 2010

Hide ya kids.......

 Rae!  Cody!  What have you been up to?  

First of all we've been making fun of Antoine Dodson all weekend.  In case you don't know about him, here is a link to the story (YES, a real ACTUAL news story. Repeat-  this is not a joke):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520
Then came the re-mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrWu13Uh2Yw&feature=related
Cody and I have been laughing about it for months.  Then, last week, he emailed me this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2uJyCPCy5w
Which gave us a third wind.  We've been laughing about it all weekend.  Thanks for taking that little journey with me.  I trust you've all become dumber along the way.

What else?  WELL.......

In addition to that,  we tailgated Saturday.  Broncos win again.  Kellen Moore threw for 507 yards and three touchdowns.  We also went ahead and rolled up a school-record 737 total yards and a 42-7 victory, thank you very much.  Go Broncos!  And what do we get for it? 

I don't know about you, but I'm ok with TCU going to a major bowl game instead of us.  I'd much rather play the California Bay Area Polytechnic School at the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese bowl on Christmas eve. 
Once again, I brought the camera to the tailgate party, but I did NOT take any pictures of tailgating because everyone who was there knows what it looked like and if you weren't there, well I guess that's what you get for not coming.  If you had, you'd know what it looked like and you wouldn't need pictures.

Sunday was my dad's 53rd    14th    43rd birthday. Happy birthday, Dad!  We went and saw the new Will Ferrell  movie "Megamind" to celebrate.  Such a funny movie!  Go see it!  No, I mean now.  Go see it now.  Just stop doing what you're doing.  If you're working, go and tell your boss you're sick and go to it.   It will be way better than whatever it is you're doing.  If you don't go see it, you are so dumb.  You are really dumb.  For real.

The time change yesterday totally threw us for a loop.  Anyone else feel totally out of whack?  It felt like bedtime for about five hours last night.  At what felt like 8pm, we looked at the clock and it was 4:45.  At what felt like 11pm, we looked at the clock and it was 7:15.  At that point, we surrendered ourselves to our pajama pants.  At what felt like midnight, but was actually 9pm, we decided to cure our boredom with mindless eating.   I gave up and went to sleep on the couch at what felt like 2am, but was actually only 10:30.  On the plus side, getting out of bed this morning wasn't quite as hard.  And I didn't really mind yesterday seeming endless because I always get terrible Sunday blues. It allowed me to labor under the delusion that the weekend was much longer than it actually was.  Hooray!!

We've allowed ourselves to become followers of a new show on AMC- "The Walking Dead".  We're two shows in and pretty well hooked.   If you decide to check it out, keep something in mind:
It is VERY gory.  And by VERY gory, I mean VERY VERY gory.  And by VERY VERY gory, I mean VERY awesome.  It's also definitely not for the kiddies.  So if you're going to watch it, you better hide ya kids, hide ya wife.......
I am not normally a fan of "following" shows or series because then you're stuck watching every week and waiting to find out what happens.  But I would follow a lot more shows if they had zombies in them.  Like, if "Dancing with the Stars" had zombies, I'd probably watch that too. 

That's it for today.  Thanks for tuning in.  For "Party of Two", I'm Rae Summers.  You stay classy, everybody.

1 comment:

  1. This is same old, same old Rae Summers: GENIUS! ... and hide yo' husband cuz dey rapin' errbody out here.

    ReplyDelete